We understand that your trust in us is the most important capital of the private limited company "PURESTONE", with registered office at Luxemburgstraat 20, 9140 Temse, with VAT number BE0738438729, (hereinafter referred to as "Purestone", "we" or "us"). Your privacy is therefore essential to us.
- EU Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC and;
- the Law of 30 July 2018 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data as published in the Belgian Official Gazette of 5 September 2018 on page 68616.
1. Types of personal data
Purestone may collect and process the following personal data, depending on the specific circumstances (for example, whether or not you have created an account) and the amount of data you disclose to us:
- First name
- Invoice address
- Delivery address
- E-mail address
- Zip code
- Order history
- Account name (e-mail)
- Any other personal data contained in the free field of the contact form on the Website; and
- Any other personal data that you voluntarily provide to Purestone (e.g. during correspondence).
Purestone also automatically collects anonymous information regarding the use you make of the Website. For example, Purestone will automatically log which parts of the Website you visit, which web browser you use, which website you visited when you gained access to the Website. We cannot identify you on the basis of this data, but it allows Purestone to compile statistics regarding the use of the Website.
2. Method of collecting personal data
These personal data are collected at or within the framework of:
- Creating an account
- Subscribe to the newsletter
- The purchase, exchange or return of Purestone products.
- Visiting the Website
- A partnership with Purestone
- Correspondence with and emanating from Purestone
The provision of certain personal data is (sometimes) a condition to be able to benefit from certain services (e.g. to subscribe to newsletters, to participate in certain activities and events as well as to see personalized content in advertising spaces). It is indicated which data are mandatory and which are optional.
3. Use of personal data
Purestone may use your personal data for the following purposes (whereby the extent to which the following uses will depend on the specific details of your collaboration with Purestone):
- The execution of an agreement with Purestone (including its follow-up)
- Answering questions (whether or not asked via contact form)
- Optimising the quality, management and content of the Website
- Sending newsletters
- Statistical purposes
- Creation of an account
- Confirming an order
- Providing support/assistance in case of problems
- Product analyses;
- Market analyses;
- Demographic analysis.
Processing takes place on the following legal grounds, as appropriate:
- You have consented to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- The processing is necessary for the performance of the agreement with Purestone or to take measures at your request prior to the conclusion of an agreement.
- The processing is necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation resting on Purestone
- The processing is necessary for the protection of the legitimate interests of Purestone or a third party, except where your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms requiring the protection of personal data outweigh those interests (in particular when you are a minor).
4. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Purestone will not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless it is necessary in the context of the performance of the agreement and the optimisation thereof (such as, but not limited to, maintenance work, data optimization and storage, follow-up of complaints, sending newsletters, etc.). In this context, your personal data may be made accessible to hosting providers, payment providers, software suppliers, insurance companies, online service providers, external IT consultants and transport partners.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, Purestone may, however, disclose your personal data:
- To the competent authorities (i) when Purestone is obliged to do so under the law or in the context of judicial or future legal proceedings and (ii) in order to safeguard and defend the rights of Purestone.
- When Purestone or almost all of its assets are taken over by a third party, in which case your personal data collected by Purestone will be one of the transferred assets.
In all other cases, Purestone will not sell, rent or transfer your personal data to third parties, unless (i) it has obtained your consent and (ii) it has entered into a data processing agreement with the third party in question, which includes the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy compliant treatment of your personal data.
5. Cross-border processing of personal data
Any transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a recipient residing or having its registered office in a country not covered by an adequacy decision issued by the European Commission will be governed by provisions of a data transfer agreement, which will either (i) contain the standard contractual clauses as set out in the 'Decision of the European Commission of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)' or (ii) provide appropriate safeguards by any other mechanism pursuant to the Privacy Laws or any other regulations governing the processing of personal data.
6. Storage of personal data
7. Your privacy rights
Within the framework of the processing of your personal data, you have the following privacy rights:
- Right of access to your personal data;
- Right of rectification, completion or update of your personal data;
- Right to have your personal data deleted ('right to be forgotten').
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Right to the transferability of your personal data;
- Right to object to/against the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise your privacy rights, please contact email@example.com. In principle, you can exercise these rights free of charge via the above e-mail address. Furthermore, insofar as you have created an account with Purestone, you can at all times verify, update and/or change the personal data you were required to provide when creating your account.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information about Purestone's products after registering for the newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe" button, as provided at the bottom of every email from Purestone.
8. Security of personal data
Purestone is committed to taking appropriate and reasonable physical, technological and organisational security measures to prevent (i) unauthorised or unlawful access to your personal data, as well as (ii) loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
Purestone will keep all personal information it has collected at Shopify, the Website host. In this way, we can enjoy the extensive measures Shopify have taken to keep your data safe. For more information, please visit https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. Shopify processes data of European users through its Irish subsidiary and, to the extent that it transfers data to its non-EEA affiliates, Shopify will only do so in accordance with EU Privacy Shield requirements. As you can see, Purestone attaches the greatest importance to your privacy and expects the same from the companies it works with.
Notwithstanding (i) Purestone's security policy, (ii) the controls it carries out and (iii) its actions in this framework, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. No method of transfer or transmission over the internet, nor any method of electronic storage is 100% secure, so Purestone cannot guarantee absolute security in this context.
Finally, insofar as you have created an account with us, the security of your account will also depend on the confidentiality of your password and other account information. Purestone will never ask for your password, nor will you be required to provide it yourself. However, if you have communicated your password to a third party, this third party will gain access to your account and your personal information through your password. In that case, you are liable for the actions that are taken through the use of your account. Purestone strongly advises you to change your password immediately when you determine that someone has access to your account, and to contact Purestone immediately.
10. References to other websites
11. Contact Purestone
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Purestone BV
If you are dissatisfied with the way Purestone has dealt with these questions or comments, or if you have any complaints about the way Purestone collects, uses or processes your data, you can submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority.